This document will outline the API and the high-level requirements of completing a custom Zip API integration as a payment gateway for a merchant's website.
API Endpoint Documentation is available here
This is a basic description of how an integration to the Zip payment gateway via our API would look.
- Customer selects Zip as their payment method during checkout on merchant's site.
- Customer on merchant's site does a form POST to the Zip /orders/authorize API endpoint containing basic information the order.
- Zip redirects to the Zip checkout.
- Customer completes payment process on Zip site.
- Zip redirects customer back to merchant site via a confirm or cancel URL (depending on whether they completed payment successfully or not). These URLs are set by merchant when creating the order.
- In addition to the customer navigating through the supplied confirm URL, the merchant will also receive a server-side POST from Zip to confirm the order authorization.
Updated 23 days ago